How Does Geofencing In Boise Enhance A Security System?
Today's smart security solutions are becoming more capable every year. With that being said, it doesn't take much to neglect to complete easy security duties like activating your a home security system, closing the garage, or locking all your doors.
What if you never had to worry about these things again? With geofencing in Boise, you can just drive off to work and make your security system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Boise For Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual perimeter around your property, which you can set up in your smart security app. The technology then tracks your cell phone to determine when you cross the perimeter and then triggers pre-programmed actions or notifications.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart components utilize to interact with other connected equipment. This technological advancement assists your home security by grouping all elements onto a single network. You can then draw a virtual “fence” around your house and program the specific actions you want to occur if you cross the specified border.
For instance, as soon as you exit your premises, you can set your security system to secure your front and back doors, lower the garage door, and switch the alarm back on. Conversely, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing can inform your system to disengage the alarm, open the garage, brighten first-floor lights, and even alter your your home’s comfort levels.
These are some of the devices you may command with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Connected thermostats
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Home electronics like speakers or TVs
● Overhead doors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are Available In Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is just one way you can use your home security system in Boise. With the mobile app, you have the ability to reap the benefits of smart home automation. With just a few taps of a button, and you have the opportunity to:
● Enable Scheduling: set your smart devices to engage at the times of your choice. Instruct your lighting to turn down to indicate that it's time for bed, or deactivate your security alarms as you start your day.
● Control device interactions: Make particular devices come alive based on another activity. Direct your thermostat to activate the connected fan when the fire alarm trips. Or switch on your hall’s smart light if your doorbell camera detects unusual motion around your property.
● Customize scenes: Design room and event scenes with various smart components that function in unison. Have your lights turn off, the temperature go down, and the smart locks activate at the end of the day. Or customize a scene for a movie marathon with preset light and HVAC levels.
● Protect your home with geofencing: There may be times when you fail to set the security system when you're rushing around in the morning. With geofencing technology and your smartphone, you'll never forget to turn on your alarms and shut the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in Boise
Whether you desire added certainty of a fully secured property whenever you drive away or you want to automate your smart home technology, geofencing will make things easier. Talk to a skilled member of our team today at (208) 242-4791 or send in the form on this page to start designing your ideal security system.