Home security cameras can easily be installed as a warning—a sign that notifies burglars or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can optimize your video surveillance to strengthen your home’s defenses.
Fortunately, modern security cameras come outfitted with a plethora of additions all tailor-made to deliver total protection for your family. Whether it’s recording capabilities and 2-way talk or infrared night vision and lightning-quick motion detection, these features empower you to have the most from home security cameras in Boise.
How To Set Up Your Boise Video Surveillance For Premiere Protection
Mounting your home security cameras on the perfect spots around your living space is the first place to jump in at with home security.. Interior security cameras should be placed in high traffic areas like the kitchen or family room. It’s also a smart move to set a camera pointed at main doors, stairs, or other centralized areas thieves would have to move around to access the rest of your home. Exterior security cameras should provide a clear scene of your porch, front walk, and patio, garage, and other exterior isolated buildings, like sheds. Then see a view of your main entryway through a discreet doorbell camera.
There are places around your interior that aren’t quite as important to monitor such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements. Even if you have expensive items in your bedroom, installing a camera in the vicinity can impact your privacy. Consider adding window or motion detectors if you need some type of device in bedrooms.
Innovations That Optimize Video Surveillance
Component layout is only the foundation for utilizing the all you can from home security cameras in Boise. The features shown below help to elevate security and increase overall home security.
- Motion detection: See instant alerts on your mobile device anytime strange activity is sensed. You can also program cameras to automatically start filming when movements are discovered which will add to camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Program your home security cameras to record and back up clips to the cloud for easy playback later.
- 2-way talk: Nearly all of today’s security cameras include a built-in mic and speaker so you are able to converse with guests with the camera. Through your security app, you can act like you’re inside the building or greet your kids as they get back from school.
- Wide angle lens: Field of view, or how wide camera footage is, gives you a more exhaustive look at an area. Opt for cameras that allow for at least 120-degree wide angle lens or that are able to pan all the way around for complete visibility.
- Night vision: Double check that your video surveillance come with either infrared or LED sensors that will pick up clips of night-time movement.
- Activity zones: To make security updates more targeted, set up activity zones. For example, you can tell your exterior camera to inform you of movement happening on your yard or your patio and disregard cars passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- Security app: security app, like ADT Control®, empower you to live-stream camera feeds, control cameras, power or disengage the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app should send up-to-date texts when the detect something unusual taking place around your home.
Get Your Security Cameras Today
Getting the most out of your security cameras in Boise is easier. From rapid motion detection to 2-way audio, your home security rises from just a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (208) 242-4791 or fill out the form below to begin building your home security and camera system today.