Pros And Cons Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Boise
You understand you have to safeguard your home. Beyond everything else, it provides shelter for your family and is where you store your belongings. But what form of home defense is best? Whether or not to use 24-hour monitoring is one of the primary choices you must make. Learn more about the advantages and drawbacks of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Boise and see what’s ideal for you.
Important Distinctions Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you select 24-hour monitoring, your home’s protection links to a third-party monitoring organization that is ready to act at a moment’s notice. If a door sensor trips or a CO detector starts to sound, your monitoring agents receive an instant notification. They quickly go to work to confirm the alarm and send the applicable first responders.
On the other hand, an unmonitored system doesn’t have a backup team. You can think of this alternative as self-monitored, which indicates that if your system is tripped, you need to take action to resolve it. This option is the less expensive alternative, but it also impacts your peace of mind.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of A Monitored Security System In Boise
Here’s a short look at the benefits and downsides of a monitored security system.
Advantages Of Monitored Systems
- Elevated security: Having a support system on your side is always a good choice. If you are away from home, not awake, or don’t have your cell phone, your residence and its occupants will still be safeguarded.
- Quicker response times: Monitoring agents are always standing by to help. They’ll reply more quickly to alarms than you can on your own.
- Insurance reductions: Monitored home security systems may make you eligible for a homeowners insurance discount.
- Better components and flawless integration: When you receive tools, installation, and monitoring from a reputable home security expert, you will gain access to a fully integrated system with components that may be superior to what you will come across yourself.
Drawbacks Of A Monitored System
- Expense: You will pay a monthly expenditure for monitoring.
- Usually required to get your system installed professionally: Countless people prefer to have the install done by qualified technicians, but some do-it-yourselfers might want to do it by themselves.
- Required to sign a contract: You will usually be required to sign a contract as part of your package. This is likely to be agreeable for many as home security is a service you will want long term.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored Security System In Boise
Here’s a quick overview of the advantages and drawbacks of an unmonitored security system.
Advantages Of An Unmonitored System
- Cost: You won’t have a monitoring charge.
- Install yourself: Some might deem this to be a pro as they can install the system themselves and not have an installation expense. Other residents may prefer going with a professional.
- More Flexibility: You can install equipment when you wish - and from different manufacturers. Taking that into account, you might find incorporating into a fully connected system more challenging.
- Control: There won’t be a third party monitoring your alarms. If something happens, it’s up to you to get assistance.
Cons Of An Unmonitored System
- No support system: What if you’re away from your smartphone and don’t get a security alert? This scenario will generate more stress and decrease your peace of mind.
- Requires your total attention: As you are the single person in charge, you must always stay connected to your home security app.
- Installation is on your own: If you require help during the installation, you might have to hire someone else. The installation process is also likely to take a greater amount of time.
Stay Protected With a Monitored Home Security System In Boise
Get the 24-hour support you deserve with a monitored home security system in Boise from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re sure you’ll agree that a cohesive, monitored system is the ideal solution for your family. Dial (208) 242-4791 today to customize your package.